Supporting Industrial Machinery and Automated Equipment with Dry Film Lubricants
Automated equipment has become a necessity in industrial manufacturing processes. Dry film lubricants can be used to enhance the performance of automated equipment to ensure that they maintain efficiency in terms of manufacturing speed and uptime.
Micro Surface has been supporting the automation industry for years by providing dry film lubricants in a wide range of applications.
Dry Film Lubricant Features and Benefits
Our dry film lubricants are designed to optimize your manufacturing processes by increasing equipment productivity, reducing waste and extending service life and maintenance cycles. Dry film lubricants can be applied to any metal substrate as well as some plastics and other materials.
There are a variety of dry film lubricants that be used in industrial machinery and automation applications. Depending on the specific application, a dry film lubricant can be selected based on its unique properties:
- Tungsten Disulfide: Very low outgas in a vacuum, extremely low coefficient of friction, extreme temperature stability, will not affect most machine tolerances at 0.5-micron thickness (0.00002”), meets AMS2530 and DOD-L-85645A Type I specifications
- Molybdenum Disulfide:
- When applied per AMS2526 is a thin lubricant similar to tungsten disulfide. Good in sliding applications and in vacuum
- When applied per MIL-PRF-46010 and/or AS5272 exhibits superior corrosion resistance and lubricity
- We can work with your lubrication engineer to find the right dry film lubricant for your application
- Non-stick properties
- Permanent dry lubrication
- Improve wear and abrasion resistance
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Eliminate the need for conventional lubricants
- Enhance the performance of conventional lubricants
- Stability at cryogenic and high temperatures and pressures
- Prevent galling and fretting
- Linear Bearings / Ball Bushings
- Joints and Splines
- Sliding Mechanisms
- Assembly Fasteners
- Pins, Taps, and Machine Tools
- Injection Molding Cores, Inserts, Pins, and more
Micro Surface Corporation can provide dry film lubricant coating services to enhance the performance of your industrial machinery and automated equipment. Please contact us for more information about our services.