Originally developed for NASA, WS2’s unique, extensively modified lamellar composition of Tungsten Disulfide outperforms other dry-coating lubricants.
Our proprietary process, Process SL39, impinges a dry metallic coating without heat, binders or adhesives. The lubricant coating bonds instantly to any metal or resin substrate with a thickness of 0.5 microns (20 millionths).
Benefits & Capabilities
- Solves problems such as friction, excessive wear, seizing, galling and fretting
- Overcomes or reduces mechanical lubrication problems, improving performance and extending service life.
- Eliminates and reduces costly maintenance problems that cause breakdowns and expensive downtime by stopping galling, fretting and friction caused by dissimilar metals and their different hardness factors.
- Maintains the dimensional integrity of the substrate to within 0.5 microns with no build-up.
- Withstands loads to 100,000 psi (or load capacity equal to a substrate) and operates in the temperature range of -460°F to 1200°F (-273°C to 650°C).
- Offers 100% lubricity throughout its texture.
- Is inert, inorganic, non-toxic, non-distortive, non-corrosive and resistant to most fuels and solvents. It is compatible with and enhances the performance of all oils and greases.
- Resists carbon buildup due to its extremely low coefficient of friction, less than half that of Graphite, Moly (MoS2) and Teflon.
- Molecularly bonds to all materials and platings and can only be eliminated by removing the bonded substrate
- Vacuum Compatible Lubrication
- Maintenance of the dimensional integrity of the substrate to within 0.5 microns (20 millionths) with no build-up
- Enhancement of the flowing resin due to its low coefficient of friction
- Reduction in part weight. The part is not packed as tight
- Release of parts quicker
- Reduction of pressure and mold wear
- Lower operation temperatures
- The capability to produce more parts per hour
- Reduction of rejects
- An inert, inorganic, non-toxic, non-distortive, non-corrosive lubrication that is resistant to most fuel solvents
- Compatibility with an enhancement of all other lubricants and releasing agents
- A slight delay of corrosion
- Bonding to all metal or plastic materials and platings and cannot be removed without eliminating the bonded substrate
- Elimination of material transfer to finished agents
- Application to No. 1 diamond mirror finish … lens quality
- 100% lubricity throughout the entire mold
- Application into slots or holes as small as .060 inch
- Application to the entire mold surface or only specified inserts, cavities and core pins
WS2 Does Not
- Require heat curing
- Build upon corners and edges
- Transfer to finished parts, therefore, does not require secondary cleaning for painting, plating etc.
|Application||Functional Area||Operational Conditions||Achieved Results|
|Pins, pinions, gears, bearings||Fractional H.P. motors||Photocopier drives||Eliminated conventional lubricant. Doubled wear life of parts.|
|Piston, piston block, springs||Hydraulic pump||High speed reciprocating action||Extended wear life by 3 times. Eliminated need to heat treat components.|
|Main bearings cam & crankshaft, rod bearings, wrist pins, pistons||Automotive engines||NASCAR racing, 24 hour endurance racing||Operating temperature reduction of 10%. Engine components showed no wear.|
|Roller index shaft 440 stainless||Blood analyzer||Constant rotation at high speed, abrupt stop and start.||Eliminated conventional lubricant Increased wear life by 4 times. Stopped galling.|
|Curing rolls & feed rolls||Papermill||High speed, 290°F continuous use||Eliminated drag & build-up on rolls Reduced maintenance by 50%.|