MIL-PRF-46010 is a dry film lubricant that is processed in a different manner than our Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) per Process SL-39 and Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2). It is a coating that looks similar to paint, except that it is has a MoS2 pigment along with additives and binders.
Once MIL-PRF-46010 is used in a particular application and the curing process has taken place, it turns into a solid film lubricant that provides excellent protection against corrosion. MIL-PRF-46010 is a high performance lubricant that reduces friction and increases the wear life of the device on which it is applied.
Features of MIL-PRF-46010
On the surface, the lubricant is seen with a flat dark grey color. Its thickness is measured between 0.0003 – 0.0007 inches. It has load bearing capacity of over 3,000 lbs. Other features of the lubricant include:
- Operating temperatures: between -320 and +500°F
- More than 750 hours of corrosion protection
- Wear life up to more than 508 minutes
Due to the various reasons state above, MIL-PRF-46010 is considered as a great lubricant coating for many applications and environments.
- It can be used on industrial products such as hinges, flap tracks, cam surfaces, and other motion driven products.
- Any application that requires a solvent resistant coating
- Any part that is used in a corrosive environment such as seawater, industrial factories, etc.
- It can be used on parts in a system that can’t be easily reached during general maintenance.
- It can be used for certain parts that cannot be oiled with traditional oils and greases.
- It can also be used on joints, splines, and bearings, which have a tendency to fret or gall.
With the above information, one can see why MIL-PRF-46010 is seen as a powerful and useful lubricant coating that can be used by many industries.