Are you looking for a dry film lubricant to protect your components against friction, wear and corrosion? Are you finding it difficult to choose from the range of lubricants available in the market? Well, the answer is extremely simple. The best dry film lubricant for your industrial applications is tungsten disulfide.
Also known as WS2, tungsten disulfide is a slick, dry film lubricant coating, and it is known to provide a low co-efficient of 0.03. It is also chosen for its incomparable properties such as long wear life, high load rating, low drag, non-sticking, and lubricity. WS2 has the capability to take loads of up to 300,000 PSI. This is higher than any other lubricant including Molybdenum Disulfide, Teflon, and Graphite.
Tungsten disulfide is extremely compatible with a variety of liquids, including oil, grease, petrochemicals, and hydraulic fluids, to name a few. Due to this, it can help maintain grease on a component surface to increase its overall lubrication. It can also be used as a single lubricant or it can be combined with coatings to provide increased strength and durability.
The Capabilities of Tungsten Disulfide
There are a number of reasons why WS2 is chosen as the premier coating for industrial components.
- It can be applied onto high precision parts, as it does not create any tolerance problems.
- It is a passive and non-toxic material. Hence, it will not warp or anneal any component.
- It does not require the use of binders to bond with a component surface.
- As a fast acting, dry lubricant, it will never peel off, flake, or chip away after a certain period of time.
Tungsten Disulfide Applications
The aforementioned capabilities and advantages allow tungsten disulfide coating to be used in a variety of applications, including:
- Automotive components
- Industrial machinery manufacturing
- Food processing
With so many advantages, why choose any other industrial lubricant?